You’ve been looking forward to your big summer holiday since this time last year – perhaps even earlier. Yet no matter how excited you are, there will always be a certain degree of packing time stress. It has to be perfect, so what you pack is vital.
Here at BeachFix, we don’t want you to have to put up with this stress. To try and help you out in this difficult time of your vacation, we’ve come up with the perfect packing list for this year’s summer holiday. Obviously, you’ll want to add and remove some items, but it’s certainly a start!
FIVE TOP TIPS FOR PERFECT PACKING
- Don’t fear the hot airport on the other side: always wear the heaviest items of clothing that you want to bring, the ones which will take up the most space in your bags. Airlines charge fines based on the size and weight of your luggage, but not of your person. If you want to bring a coat and trousers just in case, this is what you should wear when you’re flying.
- Remember to decorate your suitcase. The vast majority of suitcases on the luggage carousel will look the same, so you’ll want yours to stand out to avoid confusion. Carefully label your suitcase with your name and address in case of emergencies, and make it stand out from the crowd with stickers and ribbons.
- Get yourself a lightweight suitcase. Many cases with wheels hold a lot of extra weight in their handles and wheels, which leaves you less packing flexibility. The lighter your case, the more you can pack.
- Ziplock bags are your new best friend. Keep all of your chargers, headphones and adaptors neat and tidy in a ziplock back to stop them getting lost among your other possessions. Keys, tickets and accessories can go in another bag. You can even pack light clothes together tightly in ziplock bags to make them take up as little space as possible.
- Check what’s provided. If you’re staying in a hotel, there’s a high likelihood that towels, shampoo, body wash and a hairdryer will be provided for you, so you won’t need to pack these. Even if they’re not provided, there’s a pretty strong chance you can buy your shampoo once you arrive.
Now that you know the tips, make your list!
- Driver’s license (if necessary)
- Travel insurance documents
- Tickets/booking confirmations/check in details for:
- Bank cards and foreign currency
On The Beach
- Swimming costume/trunks
- Towel (check if this is provided)
- Sandals or flip flops
- Sun hat/cap
- Insect repellent
- Sun cream
The vast majority of beaches, especially in popular tourist spots, will have shops nearby where you can buy all of your buckets, spades, frisbees, etc. You may want to check first, however, just to be safe!
- Jumper or light jacket
- 1 pair of trousers
- 1 pair of shoes
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 4 t-shirts/vests
- 3 lightweight evening outfits (for eating out, going to events, etc.)
- All of the socks and underwear you need
- Batteries (if required by any cameras or small electronics)
- Mobile phone
- Chargers for all of your devices
- iPod/mp3 player
- Reading material
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Small 100ml deodorant
- Make-up (if necessary)
- Hairbrush and accessories
- Paracetamol, antiseptic cream, antacids, etc.
What do you never go on holiday without?
We hope we’ve managed to include everything you could possibly need on our list, but if we’ve missed out anything important, please do let us know! And whatever you bring, remember to keep them safe while you’re on the beach!